Enthusiastic self-starter with public relations, branding, and integrated marketing experience.
Motivated project manager with the ability to absorb knowledge and apply it quickly.
Committed to the highest levels of personal and professional excellence.
Dedicated team player who is able to prioritize tasks, work independently and meet tight deadlines.
San Diego State University, San Diego, Calif. August 2004 - May 2008
Bachelor of Arts in Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations, minor in Psychology
BackBay Communications, Boston, Mass. Senior Account Executive November 2012 - Present
- Branding Tasks
- Assemble, design and publish surveys in SurveyMonkey.
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative responses for SWOT analysis; compile comprehensive result reports.
- Brainstorm and draft new positioning and messaging based on analysis. Help design new logo/website/marketing materials based on new positioning.
- Public Relations Tasks
- Pitch media on press releases and proactive opportunities; track and clip all coverage.
- Arrange and host media interviews between clients and target reporters.
- Secured client appearances in top tier publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Financial Times, etc.
- Draft press releases, blog posts, news announcements, and social media posts.
- Marketing Tasks
- Coordinate on conference marketing initiatives with: The Economist, Harvard Business School, TSAM.
- Research and implement advertising programs, draft and submit creative ahead of deadlines.
- Maintain schedule of all current and upcoming initiatives.
- Analyze Google Analytics to determine effectiveness and influence of campaigns.
- Update client and company websites as needed with news, new team members, new clients, and more.
- BackBay marketing initiatives include: Conduct interviews for new intern candidates; train and manage intern throughout agreed engagement, Co-Founder of Social Committee and Marketing Committee team member.
Chandler Garage Door, Fremont, Calif. Service Manager December 2008 - August 2012
- Performed basic administrative duties such as faxing, filing, cleaning, and more. Answered phones and customer’s questions, schedule appointments, and dispatch service technicians.
- Worked closely with owner on marketing strategies and PR tactics to promote the business: created and distributed flyers and stickers, designed and placed advertisements, implemented trial neighborhood beautification campaign, claimed and maintained company Facebook page.
BERKMAN Public Relations, San Diego, Calif. Intern March 2008 - June 2008
- Wrote pieces for client press kits including backgrounders, company histories, fact sheets, and biographies
- Wrote media alerts, news releases, and media pitches for various clients
- Conducted various forms of research for clients; created and compiled media lists
- Performed administrative duties including answering the phones, faxing, organizing, packaging, and mailing
LEWIS Public Relations, San Diego, Calif. Intern July 2007 - September 2007
- Answered and screened phone calls, learned proper phone etiquette
- Researched clients and relevant industry events
- Uploaded client coverage on LEWIS extranets and gained experience in Media Map
- Drafted briefing documents for client meetings and arranged both print and web clips for clipping books
- Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, Cision, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Google Analytics, Nexis, Asana, WordPress, Squarespace.
- Interpersonal: experienced in working with groups and individuals using teamwork and collaboration, setting goals, delegating and communicating effectively.
- Excels at: managing and prioritizing tasks, researching, coordinating events, writing press releases and news articles, problem solving, as well as many other tasks.
- Quick learner, energetic, dependable, committed, adaptable, with an eye for detail and a great sense of humor