- Enthusiastic self-starter with specialties in executive visibility programs and corporate communications.
- Motivated project manager with the ability to absorb knowledge and apply it quickly.
- Strategic thinker committed to the highest levels of personal and professional excellence.
- Dedicated team player who is able to prioritize tasks, work independently and meet tight deadlines.
San Diego State University, San Diego, Calif. August 2004 - May 2008
Bachelor of Arts in Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations, minor in Psychology
Edelman, San Francisco, Calif. Account Supervisor November 2015 - Present
- Lead executive visibility programs for two Fortune 500 financial technology companies supporting C-suite benches with a variety of initiatives including securing speaking opportunities at top-tier industry conferences, developing and refining narratives for individual leaders and applying strategic thinking across workstreams.
- Develop and maintain speakers bureau programs for company-wide external-facing spokespeople.
- Pitch business, technology and financial media, as well as bloggers and influencers for a variety of client campaigns.
- Create and update staff plans, budgets and business strategies.
BackBay Communications, Boston, Mass. Senior Account Executive November 2012 - August 2015
- Branding Tasks: Assembled, designed and published surveys in SurveyMonkey. Evaluated quantitative and qualitative responses for SWOT analysis; compiled comprehensive result reports. Brainstormed and drafted new positioning and messaging based on analysis and helped to design new logo/website/marketing materials based on new positioning.
- Public Relations Tasks: Pitched media on press releases and proactive opportunities; arranged and hosted media interviews between clients and target reporters. Secured coverage in top-tier publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Financial Times, etc. Drafted press releases, blog posts, news announcements and social media posts.
- Marketing Tasks: Coordinated on conference marketing initiatives with The Economist, Harvard Business School and TSAM. Researched and implemented advertising programs, drafted and submitted creative ahead of deadlines. Analyzed Google Analytics to determine effectiveness and influence of campaigns.
Chandler Garage Door, Fremont, Calif. Service Manager December 2008 - August 2012
- Performed basic administrative duties such as faxing, filing, cleaning, and more. Answered phones and customer’s questions, schedule appointments, and dispatch service technicians.
- Worked closely with owner on marketing strategies and PR tactics to promote the business: created and distributed flyers and stickers, designed and placed advertisements, implemented trial neighborhood beautification campaign, claimed and maintained company Facebook page.
BERKMAN Public Relations, San Diego, Calif. Intern March 2008 - June 2008
- Wrote pieces for client press kits including backgrounders, company histories, fact sheets, and biographies
- Wrote media alerts, news releases, and media pitches for various clients
- Conducted various forms of research for clients; created and compiled media lists
- Performed administrative duties including answering the phones, faxing, organizing, packaging, and mailing
LEWIS Public Relations, San Diego, Calif. Intern July 2007 - September 2007
- Answered and screened phone calls, learned proper phone etiquette
- Researched clients and relevant industry events
- Uploaded client coverage on LEWIS extranets and gained experience in Media Map
- Drafted briefing documents for client meetings and arranged both print and web clips for clipping books
- Excels at: managing and prioritizing tasks, researching, coordinating events, writing press releases, blog posts, social copy and news articles, problem solving, as well as many other tasks.
- Experienced in working with groups and individuals using teamwork and cross-functional collaboration, setting goals, delegating and communicating effectively.
- Entrepreneurial, quick learner, dependable, quick-witted, committed, with an eye for detail and a sense of humor.